My Shopping List
Black Thai Grilled Alaska Cod Tacos
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2 lb. Alaska Cod fillets, fresh or frozen
+ 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
+ 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
+ 3 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
+ 1 Tbsp. sambal or sriracha hot chili sauce
+ 2 Tbsp. palm sugar or brown sugar
+ 1/3 c. canola oil
+ 1 c. peeled and shredded green papaya
+ 1 c. finely shredded Napa cabbage
+ 1 Roma tomato, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
+ 1/3 c. finely shredded carrots
+ 1/4 c. snipped cilantro leaves
+ 3 Tbsp. slivered mint leaves
+ 1/2 c. Mexican crema (sour cream or mayonnaise)
+ 2 tsp. sambal or sriracha hot chili sauce
+ 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
+ 8 small (6-in.) corn tortillas, warmed
What to do:
1. Place Alaska Cod fillets in shallow glass dish. Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, sambal, sugar and oil. Pour half the mixture over fish and reserve remaining for slaw. Let fish marinate 15 min.
2. For Slaw: Combine green papaya, cabbage, tomato, carrot, cilantro and mint. Toss with reserved dressing until combined.
3. For Crema: Whisk together crema, sambal and lime juice. Refrigerate until serving.
4. Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove fish from marinade and grill until barely done, 2 to 5 min. per side, depending on thickness. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Remove fillets from grill and break into large chunks.
5. Line each tortilla with Green Papaya Slaw. Top with chunks of fish and drizzle with Sambal Crema. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 (2 tacos ea.)
Calories: 569; Total Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 83mg; Total Carbs: 45g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 1394mg;