My Shopping List
Latin Lettuce Wraps with Salsa
Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef
Serve With:Servings: 6
Flour or Corn Tortillas
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. Certified Angus Beef® ground beef
+ 2 c. jasmine rice, cooked
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
+ 2 heads bibb lettuce, washed, separated and drained
+ kosher salt, to taste
+ 2 limes, finely chopped zest; juice from one lime
+ 1 Tbsp. adobo seasoning
+ 1 recipe Roasted Tomato and Poblano Salsa (see directions)
What to do:
1. Prepare Roasted Tomato and Poblano Salsa recipe.
2. Season ground beef with adobo seasoning; brown beef and drain. Season cooked rice with finely chopped zest of two limes, juice of one lime and 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro.
3. Serve lettuce, rice, beef and salsa in separate dishes so guests can build their own wraps.
Roasted Tomato and Poblano Salsa
Ingredients: (or substitute your favorite prepared Salsa)
* 8 each plum tomatoes
* olive oil, to taste
* 2 each poblano peppers
* 2 each garlic cloves
* 1 white onion
* 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. Coat tomatoes in olive oil and roast in 400°F oven until skins begin to blacken; remove skins, core and seed.
2. Dry-roast poblanos until skins begin to blacken, place in paper bag to cool and remove skins and seeds.
3. Dry-roast garlic until skin loosens and browns; remove skin.
4. Slice onion into 1/4 inch pieces and grill until soft and slightly browned.
5. In food processor fitted with cutting blade, lightly chop tomatoes, onions and garlic.
6. Chop roasted poblanos by hand and stir into tomato mixture. Add 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro and season with salt.
Recipe provided by Certified Angus Beef LLC