My Shopping List
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 medium onions, chopped
+ 1 c. diced carrots
+ 1 c. diced celery
+ 1 c. shredded cabbage
+ 3 Tbsp. canola oil
+ 1 c. peeled and diced potatoes
+ 2 c. peeled and diced beets
+ 6 1/2 c. water
+ 1 c. low sodium tomato juice
+ 2 c. low sodium vegetable stock
+ 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
+ 2 bay leaves
+ 1 tsp salt
+ fresh dill and parsley to taste
What to do:
1. In a large soup pot, sauté onion, carrot, celery and cabbage in canola oil until cooked.
2. Add potatoes and beets and continue to sauté for about 1 min.
3. Add water, tomato juice and stock. Season with lemon juice, bay leaves and salt. Allow to simmer until potatoes are cooked about 15 to 20 min.
4. Add dill and parsley near the end of the cooking time.
5. Remove from heat and serve. Garnish each bowl with 1 Tbsp. low fat or no fat sour cream, if desired.
* When made with meat, this soup is a hearty main dish that needs only a salad, bread and a glass of milk to complete the meal.
Calories: 90; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 12g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 400mg;