My Shopping List
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 eggs
+ 1 c. dark corn syrup
+ 3/4 c. sugar
+ 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1 c. pecan halves
+ 1 Nutty Baked Piecrust or Basic Baked Piecrust, cooled
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt in medium bowl until well blended.
2. Arrange pecan halves evenly in bottom of piecrust. Carefully pour egg mixture over pecans.
3. Bake in center of 350°F oven until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean, 45 to 55 min. Cool on wire rack.
* Pecans are the traditional favorite in this popular cousin of the custard pie, but other nuts can be substituted. Try it with walnuts, cashews, macadamias or your favorite nut. The nutty piecrust enhances the pie's pecan flavor, but the basic piecrust works too.
* Pie can be made with any standard baked 9-inch piecrust.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 586; Total Fat: 36g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 121mg; Total Carbs: 65g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 309mg;